Google search engine
HomeNews60-Year-Old Man Shot Dead After Clash Involving Davido’s Security Team

60-Year-Old Man Shot Dead After Clash Involving Davido’s Security Team

Police launch investigation as suspected gang members allegedly flee after shooting in Osogbo

A 60-year-old man, Tajudeen Yusuf, has been shot dead in the Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo, Osun State, following a confrontation involving members of music star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido’s security team.

The incident occurred at about 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, according to the Osun State Police Command.

Police spokesperson, Abiodun Ojelabi, said preliminary investigations indicated that Yusuf, a resident of Oke-Ayepe in Osogbo, was allegedly shot by suspected hoodlums shortly after the confrontation.

How The Incident Happened

Governor Ademola Adeleke had earlier visited the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, at his palace alongside his nephew, Davido.

According to the police, shortly after the visit, a man identified as Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as “Small Rugged”, allegedly attempted to approach Davido but was stopped by members of the singer’s security team.

The confrontation reportedly attracted other suspected gang members in the area.

Police said the group temporarily blocked the palace entrance and obstructed the movement of the governor’s convoy before eventually leaving the area.

The suspects allegedly shot Yusuf at Ita-Olokan while fleeing the area.

Victim Dies In Hospital

After receiving reports of the shooting, police officers were immediately deployed to the scene.

Yusuf was reportedly found critically injured and taken to the University Teaching Hospital in Osogbo for treatment. However, doctors later confirmed that he had died.

The police have launched efforts to identify and arrest the suspects involved in the shooting.

Police Promise Justice

Osun State Commissioner of Police, Samuel Etaifo, condemned the killing as a “dastardly act” and assured residents that the command would deploy all available resources to apprehend those responsible.

The police also appealed to residents with information that could assist the investigation to contact the nearest police station or the command through its official channels.

Authorities stressed that the allegations against the individuals named in the preliminary account remain subject to investigation, and their culpability has not been established by a court.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments